|Posting Date: February 06, 2014
TAX RENEWAL VOTE YES!
- This is not a new tax
- This is a renewal of an existing 10.5 mill tax that was approved by the citizens of Vestavia Hills in 1990.
- The existing tax is due to expire in 2017.
- Renewal of this existing tax is essential for the system to continue to provide quality schools and a world class education for our children
- The existing tax represents 20% of our local revenue
- The exisitng tax represents 11% of the system's general fund revenue.
- These percentages equate to $6.3 million of annual revenue:
- $6.3 million equates to 84 teacher units
- $6.3 million equates to 20% of the teachers in our system
- Loss of the 10.5 mill revenue will reduce our per pupil spending by $996 per student. Negative impacts might include:
- Larger class sizes
- Elimination of programs (curricular and extra-curricular)
- Obsolete technology
- Deteriorating facilities
- Insufficient cash reserves
- Approval of this vital exisitng educational tax will NOT result in any new taxes.
- Renewal will continue an important source of school revenue
- Our students and community have benefitted from this existing tax for the past 23 years.
|Posting Date: January 08, 2014
Kindergarten Enrollment Opens for 2014-2015 School Year
Upcoming Kindergarten students for the 2014-2015 are encouraged to enroll at this time!