Kindergarten enrollment opens annually on February 1st in Vestavia Hills City Schools. If you have a child who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017, your child is eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2017-18 school year. If you do not know your school zone, you may contact the Vestavia Hills Board of Education at (205) 402-5100.
The following items are required for kindergarten enrollment:
· A blue Alabama immunization form
· Proof of age, including but not limited to: a birth certificate; a religious, hospital or physician’s document(s) showing date of birth; a baptismal certificate or entry in a family Bible; an adoption record; an affidavit from a parent; or previously verified school records
· A current and valid lease, warranty deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement, or property tax notice
· Two utility bills in your name for the current month showing your residence property address
· One other item that establishes your residency in Vestavia Hills, such as proof of residency from the County Registrar of Voters, a current vehicle registration showing residence address, or a canceled check in your name for the current month showing property address
· If legal custody of a child has been established through a court order, you must attach a certified copy of the court order identifying each parent’s respective award of physical custody.
Visit your child’s elementary school to get all the information you need for kindergarten enrollment, or visit www.vestavia.k12.al.us/register for general information. We also encourage you to make plans to attend your school’s kindergarten orientation this spring. Orientation will take place on April 11 at Cahaba Heights, April 19 at West, May 2-4 at East, and May 9 at Liberty Park.