Enroll in Vestavia Hills City Schools
For students who are new to Vestavia Hills City Schools:
To enroll your child in Vestavia Hills City Schools, the following items must be presented in person by a parent or legal guardian at the school your child will attend (with the exception of migrant, immigrant, homeless, or EL students):
- Alabama Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of age, to include but not limited to: birth certificate; religious, hospital, or physician's documents showing date of birth; a baptismal certificate or entry in a family Bible; an adoption record; an affidavit from a parent; previously verified school records, etc.
- Current and valid lease, warranty deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement, or current property tax notice
- A power bill in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- One other item that ties you to the residence:
- Proof of residency from the County Registrar of Voters
- Current vehicle registration showing residence address
- One other bill mailed to you at residence address
- A canceled check in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- If legal custody of a child is split between two parents, you must attach a certified copy of the court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody.
If you do not know which Vestavia Hills school your child should attend, please contact us at (205) 402-5100 with your address and the age of your child.
KINDERGARTEN PARENTS: Kindergarten enrollment for Vestavia Hills City Schools opens annually on February 1. If you have a child who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018, your child is eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2018-19 school year.
Vestavia Hills City Schools (VHCS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Patrick Martin, Section 504/Title IX Coordinator, at 1204 Montgomery Highway, 205-402-5100.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office for Civil Rights website for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.