2021-22 Health and Wellness Plan
Note: This plan is subject to change.
Effective September 20, 2021
- Home- Parents and VHCS staff are encouraged to check their students or themselves for symptoms of sickness at home before they attend school/work. Parents are encouraged to keep students home if they are sick or running a fever.
- Hands- Use best practices to wash or sanitize hands.
- Head- Face masks are optional for staff, students, and visitors.
- Hygiene- Cover mouth when you cough and nose when you sneeze. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
Notification of exposure
- Parents will be notified if their student has a known exposure to a person with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. Students do not have to stay home unless they are positive, have symptoms, or are otherwise sick. Public health officials are responsible for contact tracing and determining quarantines.
- COVID-19 is considered a notifiable disease. The school nurse will report known positive COVID-19 virus cases of students/staff to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
- Students/staff with the COVID-19 virus or exposure to someone with the COVID-19 virus should report it to the school nurse or their physician.
- Buildings will be cleaned and disinfected on a routine basis using industry standard practices.
- Soap dispensers are located in bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Ventilation (HVAC) systems will promote the safe circulation rate of outside air where applicable. HVAC systems will have routine changing of high efficiency filters (Merv-10 and 11 rated).
- Enhanced ventilation measures are installed on HVAC systems where applicable to complement high efficiency filters and minimize harmful particulates in the air.
Student Attendance and Absences
- Attendance requirements are defined in the Parent-Student Handbook.
Employee Attendance and Leave
- Board policy references for employee leave include:
Classrooms, Libraries, Gyms, Instructional and Counseling Offices, and Outdoor Play
- Routine use of all facilities will be in place.
- Classroom seating assignments will be kept on record by the teacher.
Locker Rooms and Lockers
- Lockers and locker rooms will be available for use by students.
- Locker assignments will be kept on record by the teacher.
Field Trips, Assemblies, Clubs and Meetings
- Activities may resume and routine procedures will be observed.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Schools will announce arrival and dismissal procedures prior to school starting.
- Drills will take place in compliance with all legal requirements.
Child Nutrition Program
- Precautions training is required for all child nutrition employees.
- Reduced occupancy and seating configurations are in place for cafeterias.
- Parents are encouraged to use PayPAMS for payments of miscellaneous purchases.
Extracurricular Activities, Competitions and Concessions
- All school and after school activities may resume.
- Routine procedures for cleaning and disinfecting will be in place.
Visitors, Contract Services, Vendors, and Volunteers
- Routine check-in procedures are in place for all schools.
- Symptom check verification from each visitor/vendor/volunteer/contractor will be required.