Degrees and Certifications:
BA English, Berry College MA Elementary Education, University of Alabama Birmingham ED.S. in Educational Leadership and Administration, University of Alabama Birmingham Doctorate of Education, Samford University
Dr. Ty Arendall
Ty Arendall has previously served as principal of Vestavia Hills Elementary Liberty Park from 2012-2019. Dr. Arendall served as the principal at Cahaba Heights Elementary for two years. Dr. Arendall has accumulated 21 years of service in the field of education.
Ty grew up in the Birmingham area and graduated from Homewood High School. He attended Berry College in Rome, Georgia and received a Masters in Elementary Education at UAB. He then received his Administrative Certification at Samford University and an Ed.S. at UAB. Dr. Arendall completed the Doctoral program in educational leadership at Samford University in 2017.
As a school leader, Dr. Arendall believes that the school’s purpose is to ensure that each child realizes his or her full potential. He promotes the growth of each child by developing their academic, emotional, and social needs. Ty works hard to recruit and hire the most outstanding educators. Professional development is ongoing, and collaboration and innovative practices are encouraged.
Ty lives in Vestavia Hills with his wife April, and his two sons, Will (13), and Josh (11). April teaches English Language Learners in Vestavia. In his free time, Ty enjoys traveling, kayaking, fishing, photography, and sports, but most of his free time is spent with his family.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Outstanding Graduate Student in Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham (1998)
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Birmingham Post-Herald (2001)
- Principal of National Blue Ribbon Winner, High-Achieving Exemplary School, Vestavia Hills Elementary Liberty Park (2017)
- Research Published in International Journal of Education (2017)
- Research Presented at ASCD Empower Conference, Chicago (2019)