Enroll in Vestavia Hills City Schools
For students who are new to Vestavia Hills City Schools:
If your child has never attended Vestavia Hills City Schools, you must complete the enrollment process first. If your child is already enrolled, please visit the Registration Overview page.
To enroll your student, you will need to complete this online form and submit all required documents to your school office. After submitting this form, you will finalize the enrollment process through our online registration system. Login information and instructions will be emailed to you within 48 hours of submitting all your required enrollment documents to the school office. Please submit all enrollment questions to your local school registrar.
To enroll a student in Vestavia Hills City Schools, the parent or legal guardian must submit the following items (with the exception of migrant, immigrant, homeless, English Language Learners, and students in foster care.) IMPORTANT: All documents must be submitted to the school in order to continue the student enrollment process.
- Alabama Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of age, to include but not limited to: birth certificate; religious, hospital, or physician's documents showing date of birth; a baptismal certificate or entry in a family Bible; an adoption record; an affidavit from a parent; previously verified school records, etc.
- Current and valid lease, warranty deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement, or current property tax notice
- A power bill in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- One other item that ties you to the residence:
- Proof of residency from the County Registrar of Voters
- Current vehicle registration showing residence address
- One other bill mailed to you at residence address
- A canceled check in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- If legal custody of a child is split between two parents, you must attach a certified copy of the court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody.
If you do not know which Vestavia Hills school your child should attend, please use our School Locator Map or contact us at (205) 402-5100 with your address and the age of your child.
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2021-22 school year opened on Monday, February 1, 2021. If you have a child who will be 5 years old on or before September 2, 2021, your child will be eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2021-22 school year. Contact your child's elementary school to enroll in kindergarten on or after February 1, 2021.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Vestavia Hills City Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Meredith Hanson, Director of Personnel Services / Section 504 / Title IX Coordinator, at 1204 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office for Civil Rights website for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.