Kindergarten Enrollment 2018-19
Vestavia Hills Elementary School West
1965 Merryvale Road
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
To Parents of Kindergarten Students for the 2018-19 School Year
(Child must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018)
Kindergarten enrollment will begin on Thursday, February 1, 2018. Our school will enroll Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and from 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m. each day (excluding Fridays.) If you have extenuating circumstances and find it necessary to enroll on a Friday (or on other days but outside the designated time frame), please call our school and we will accommodate your needs. The enrollment requirements for the Vestavia Hills City School system are stated below:
To enroll in the Vestavia Hills City Schools system, the following items must be presented in person by a parent or legal guardian with the exception of migrant, immigrant, homeless, or EL students:
- Alabama Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of age, to include but not limited to: birth certificate; religious, hospital, or physician's documents showing date of birth; a baptismal certificate or entry in a family Bible; an adoption record; an affidavit from a parent; previously verified school records, etc.
- Current and valid lease, warranty deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement, or current property tax notice
- A utility bill in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- One other item that ties you to the residence: proof of residency from the County Registrar of Voters, Current vehicle registration showing residence address, one other bill mailed to you at your residence address, or a canceled check in your name for the current month showing residence property address
- If legal custody of a child is split between two parents, you must attach a certified copy of the court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody.
Vestavia Hills City Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Patrick Martin, Section 504/Title IX Coordinator, at 1204 Montgomery Highway, 205-402-5100. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm or the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Please feel free to call the school if you have any questions. We look forward to having your child as a student at our school.