- Vestavia Hills City Schools
Excellence in Vestavia: 2021
Excellence in Vestavia
229 of the seniors will graduate with the Advanced Academic with Honors Endorsement on their diplomas
- 81% going to four-year colleges
- 7% going to two-year colleges
- 12% entering military, working full-time, or taking a “gap year”
- 20% will enroll in 58 different colleges in 25 states and the District of Columbia outside of Alabama
- Those staying in Alabama will enroll in 20 different colleges and universities
1 National Merit Semi-Finalist
- 12 National Merit Finalists
- 5 National Merit Commended Students
- 72% of the graduates were offered scholarships. The amount offered is more than $41 million dollars (the most in school history) and the amount accepted is more than $16 million.
- 1,507 Advanced Placement Exams were administered to 712 students
We the People
The “We the People” Team won the district and state competition for the
17th year in a row and won the Unit 5 award at their national competition.
AP with WE Service
17 Senior students became the first ever VHHS graduates to earn the AP with WE Service recognition from College Board.
The math team won the Alabama Statewide Mathematics Competition, a regional competition, and two national competitions.
At the Walter Trumbauer State Theatre Competition
- 24 students competed however awards were not given.
At the Alabama Thespian Festival
15 showcase winners
Xanadu had over 60 students involved on stage and off stage
*1 student attended All-State Choir
*1 student attended All-State Show Choir
*Singers (Show Choir) competed in three virtual competitions this year (Show Choir Live). They were 1st runner up in the first one, and Grand Champions in their division for the second two. They were then invited to perform in the Finals for Show Choir Live, where they were named Grand Champions in the Division. They also won best show design, best vocals, and best choreography.
All three Concert Bands received superior ratings at the Virtual Music Performance Assessment. Three were selected for the Alabama All-state Band. Two students were selected for the Alabama All-State Orchestra. Four students were selected for the Alabama All-State Jazz Band. 10 students were selected for the District IV Honor Band.
- This year RISE raised $136,313